On watch at 12:00am. Scanfish went in the water at 11:30, and we have started the first leg of the radiator pattern. Towing offshore first, so the going is still smooth. Things might get interesting once we make the turn. We have to be able to maintain at least 3 knots headway to keep the fish flying properly or it stalls out and falls. 3 knots can be tricky in high seas because we get banged up inside. Might have to retrieve the Scanfish if the weather continues to worsen.
Up at 10:30, washed and dressed. The Scanfish came out of the water between 06:00 and 06:30 this morning. We are hove to again waiting for the weather to calm. The current NOAA weather report for the Mid Atlantic is calling for winds building to 30-40 knots with seas of 13-18 feet. Doesn't look like I'll see much action on my upcoming watch. Lunch is served in a few minutes.