Debbie Quintero

My name is Debbie Quintero and I am a eighth grade integrated science teacher at St. Lucie West K-8 School in Port St. Lucie, Florida. I am a native Floridian who is committed to the conservation, preservation, and restoration of our planet. I believe that education is the only way to achieve these goals. I have been fortunate over the years to expand my knowledge through my experience with various institutions, workshops, and research experiences that have enabled me to convey my enthusiasm and love of science to my students. My professional interests extend beyond the classroom as evidenced by my involvement in The Sierra Club, National Audubon Society, Florida Fish and Wildlife, Friends of the Everglades, COSEE, and ORCA. This is my second research experience.  My first was as an Armada teacher on the NOAA vessel the Nancy Foster out of Woods Hole, Massachusettes. The purpose of the cruise was to research biologic, geologic, and human-induced processes that affect benthic habitats in the Stellwagen Bank National Marine Sanctuary. I am excited to have been selected to participate in this research and look forward to sharing the results with my students.

Debbie Quintero

St. Lucie West K-8 School, Port St. Lucie Florida